Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Freebies: Chick Chic Bookmark

I'm an avid reader of books & I don't usually stick to reading just one at a time.
I am guilty of dog ear-ing all my paperbacks :p as I am either constantly losing my bookmarks or am just too plain lazy to stick one in between the pages before I fall asleep. (for all who've loaned me your books> no, I don't [or try extremely hard]
not to do so wink*)

To avoid anymore unnecessary e(a)rring on my part, I was just thinking of how I should come up with a cute little bookmark which does not just lie in between pages but gently grips itself to pages for a better hold.

& what better design to use than my latest Easter pattern called Chick Chic. Thus, I present to you, the freebie of the week:
Chick Chic Bookmark


I designed them in many different colors to suit your moods or your book covers!
Great as mini gifts for family and friends! (fellow dog ear markers too!)


A list of items you'll need to make the bookmark:
1. Paper (of a preferably thicker stock)
2. Printer
3. Scissors
4. Box cutter (blade)


Here's a pictorial tutorial I've whipped up:


Have your materials at the ready!


Select and separate the bookmark(s) you want


Using your box cutter, start cutting along the wing area from
dot to dot located on the wing area.


This creates the flap for which the bookmark
grips itself to pages.


Trim the off the excess white paper off the bird & there!
You've got your bookmark!! ^ -^;;


Chick at work!


Many chicks at work!

_______________________________________________________________

Here's where you can download the templates for the bookmarks:


Measurements:1 bookmark is (w)5.5cm x (h)6.6cm OR (w)2.2inches x (h)2.6inches. Please click on the colored links below for the downloadable templates!


Note:The measurements provided above are based on the templates provided but actual sizes depend on your printer settings, you may even reduce their sizes by shrinking them in photoshop!
_______________________________________________________________

UPDATES
(29-09-2011) Hi there, thanks for your interest in this Jinjerup freebie. We’ve updated it, please visit this link to view & download the new updated freebie:
http://jinjerup.com/1591/freebies/chick-chic-bookmarks

Visit our new Jinjerup Blog for more cute freebies & printables:
http://jinjerup.com/category/freebies
_______________________________________________________________

I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I had making it!
Have a great weekend folks!!

XOXO,
Lynn

27 comments:

LindaSonia said...

Adorable!! Love it a lot. Thanks for sharing. LindaSonia

Crystal said...

These are so CUTE! The bookworm in me loves them!

karen m. said...

Thank you for your super sweet freebie! No more laying books page-down or ripping up receipts and other things in lieu of great bookmarks. Will print some for Easter treats too. Love your work!

Anonymous said...

fantastic!! I love these. Just in time to make it into the kids easter baskets. Thanx heaps.

lynn said...

:D Thank you LindaSonia, Crystal, karen m. and My Love is for your wonderful feedback!! Sure am mighty glad you guys like it!

Lia said...

Thank you SO much!!!!
It is so cute, I loved it, and Im so happy to know you & blog : ))
Happy Easter !!
Julia

Toni said...

very cute and so easy;-) thanks for sharing them with us, now I have to go and get colored ink-) these willmake cute basket stuffers.

Cheryl said...

Ah, this is so cute! And in time for Easter too :D

Sherry Gann said...

These are adorable!...and very practical. Thank you so much. :)

yonska said...

really really sweet!
You are soo creative!

Little Red said...

So unbelievably cute!!!! I'm going to print out a few at work to mark the current week in all of our report books. It will bring some cheer into dreary office paperwork!

Lorena said...

These are awesome! I've been doing bookmarks with the paint card samples from Home Depot, but these are even better, thanks for sharing!

lynn said...

Hi Julia, Toni, Cheryl, Sherry, Agata, Little Red and Lorena, thank you ever so much for your awesome comments!! :D Am planning for another freebie soonish, so do stick around!

lynn said...

Veshengro wrote> "I am sorry to say that none of the PDFs are recognized by neither Adobe Reader nor any other PDF reader. The message from teh programs is "not a PDF or document corrupt". Please check."

Note: due to my butter fingers, I clicked reject instead of publish. nono! don't give me that snicker, it was an innocent mistake, I tell u!! lols*

Lynn's reply> Hi Veshengro, thanks for your feedback on the chickchic bookmarks pdfs. I have checked all my pdfs and am unable to find anything wrong with them. Honestly, your comment about the pdfs, not being pdfs or being corrupt is the first I have gotten so far. If you would like, I could email the pdfs to you in a zip file, do let me know.
Hope that would help :)

Veshengro said...

Hi Lynn...

Well, am I glad I am not the only one who can do that... that it to reject a posy instead of publishing it, LOL.

First of a public thanks for sending the bookmarks in ZIP files.. they all work fine.

I have, as I wrote to Lynn, seem to have found the problem. As I am using Firefox it is not compatible with the click through to Windows Live Sky Drive and hence the problem. This is one of those problem that Windows so nicely creates for us who do not want to go with their browsers and operating system, and who use Open Source software.

Thanks again...

Staci said...

Those are super cute! and I like how you finally have all your books properly marked now!!

Erica Hernandez said...

So cute! Definitely going in the Easter baskets - thank you!

Chell N said...

I would really love to download these but whenever I try to open any of these it says the files cannot be opened are are corrupt.

lynn said...

Veshengro> You're welcome! :)

Staci> Agreed, and according to color to boot!

Erica> Glad you are using them in your basket!!

Michelle Neunert> Hi Michelle, I believe you may be facing the same prob as Veshengro. Veshengro mentioned a problem of downloading them with Firefox, if you have IE, perhaps you could try downloading the bookmarks with IE instead or another option is me emailing the pdfs to you? Do let me know! :)

Anonymous said...

These are super cool, can you make a black chic version to go with scary/gothic related books :) Thanks

Anonymous said...

These are adorable!! Thanks for sharing. They are going to go great with Teacher appreciation gifts next week! :)

kirakurc said...

Lynn,

I'm having trouble downloading these as well... could I get them e-mailed?

lynn said...

Anonymous> Yups, the black chick chic bookmarks are available here at http://jinjerup.blogspot.com/2009/04/update-gothic-chick-chic.html

Anonymous> big grin* glad you're putting them to such good use!

kirakurc> Would gladly do so if you could also email me your email add. Tried looking for it to no avail! Looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

yumi said...

i love them all!! so cute! i hope you don't mind but i put a link to your site and borrowed your images on my blog. i can't wait to go out tomorrow and buy some paper to make these with. thank you!

Make, Do & Send said...

Hi Lynn, I hope you dont mind but I have posted about your bookmarks on my blog with a link to this post. You can see the post at http://makedoandsend.blogspot.com/2009/08/fun-back-to-school-printables.html - Please let me know if there is anything your unhappy about and I will make amendments.

I really love these, they are so much more fun than the standard long rectanglar bookmarks you usually see!

Ozowiezo said...

Thanks for sharing these ubercute birdy bookmarks! I spread the word here in Holland, hope loads of Dutchies will find your amazing blog!

Anonymous said...

i <3 them! You are sooooooo awesome, creative and AMAZZZZING!!! LOL
Thx for helping me now i dont have to bend the pages or fold them, th3y ARE so cute
plz make alot more :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails