Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Freebies: Summer Fruit Punch Bookmarks

For this week's freebie, I've persuaded these adorable fruits to be part of Jinjerup's freebie Bookmark collection! Previously we shared the Chickchic Bookmarks and now we have the Summer Fruit Punch Bookmarks! (& Of course, these new bookmarks are based on my Fruits of the sun patterns 1, 2!)

Featuring durian, lychee, mangosteen, papaya, pineapple and watermelon, a tastefully cute collection for your summer reading pleasure!



Durian


Lychee


Mangosteen


Papaya


Pineapple


Watermelon


All featured summers fruits together!
Pick your fave summer fruit bookmark & its off we go!!

A list of items you'll need to make the bookmark:
1. Paper (of a preferably thicker stock)
2. Printer
3. Scissors
4. Box cutter (blade)


Here's a pictorial tutorial I've whipped up:


Have your materials at the ready!


Select and separate the bookmark(s) you want


Using your box cutter, start cutting along the grip area from
dot to dot. (eye to eye)


This creates the flap for which the bookmark
grips itself to pages.


Trim the off the excess white paper off the fruit & you've got your bookmark!!


All completed Summer Fruit Punch bookmarks!


Group shot :)


Pineapple, durian and papaya bookmarking one of my fave books of all time!


Such fruitful bookmarks! :P


Zoomed in view of pineapple working on his fave chapter.

_______________________________________________________________

Here's where you can download the templates for the bookmarks:


Measurements: Sizes of bookmarks vary between 5cm x 5cm, 5cm x 6cm and 5cm x 7cm Please click on the colored links below for the downloadable templates!

Measurements of template: (w)8cm x (h)18cm OR (w)3inches x (h)7inches

Note:The measurements provided above are based on the templates provided but actual sizes depend on your printer settings, you may even reduce their sizes by shrinking them in photoshop!
_______________________________________________________________

UPDATES
(29-09-2011) Hi there, thanks for your interest in this Jinjerup freebie. We’ve updated it, please visit this link to view & download the new updated freebie:
http://jinjerup.com/1626/freebies/summer-fruit-punch-bookmarks

Visit our new Jinjerup Blog for more cute freebies & printables:
http://jinjerup.com/category/freebies
_______________________________________________________________

I'm going back to munching on lychees.
Have an absolutely fantastic weekend everyone!!

XOXO,
Lynn


Fruit Images Credits: USDA ARS Gallery

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo Adorable! I have a weakness for food with faces :D

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

AWW! I love your freebies and these bookmarks are so cute! I'd love to link to them if you didn't mind.

Iside said...

Hy...I loved your Chick Chic Bookmarks..so these are wonderfuuuull! bye :)

lynn said...

STUFF> Yes, me 2 :P Its a huge weakness indeed!!!

Rachel> I would love that! Thank you for sharing the bookmarks!! :D

Iside> So nice of you to say so! BIG GRIN*

PuppyLovePrincess said...

these are yummy! they'd also make really cute popsicle stick puppets... cutecutecute! thanks again for sharing :)

Grammie Ford said...

Thank you. My granddaughters and I read, read, read. These will be put to good use. I think I will laminate them to keep them fresh.

Unknown said...

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing the templates and easy to follow directions! Yay for summer fruits :D

Anonymous said...

I like it, i like it, i li-li-li-like it! And maybe you will like the dresses at page 14-15 of the summer-Marimekko magazine (http://www.kleopatra.fi/paperus/?id=60301&cfg=0698a02d2901e43d)?

lynn said...

PuppyLovePrincess> Thank you very much for helping spread the love! :)

Grammie Ford> Excellent idea! Am happy to know they'll be of use to you guys for longer.

bco> Your very welcome grin*

Marleen> Spot on! Oh yes, I do! Tis a pity I'm not as leggy as the model to pull the look through! :P

Anonymous said...

Some of my favorite fruits! Thank you for your clever and cute bookmarks! The chick ones really stay put in books, and I can't wait to try these fruit ones.

summer fruits said...

These are beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos and easy to follow directions!

Unknown said...

I love these!!!
Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

I'm TOTALLY going to make them all!
i love you and your ideas jinjerup!

Christy Amular said...

I love these fruit punch bookmarks so much!! They make cookbook reading so mcuh fun. Thanks a lot!

chelsea said...

This is cool, it's a great idea which you can use this as a bookmark. I read books and I will try to make this one and use this as a bookmark. Great post.
___
Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. - Aesop
San Francisco SEO | Seattle SEO

alex said...

what a piece of art thanks for blogging it.

Edina MN Realty

Joe Dalario said...

What a fantastic idea and activity. Thanks so much for going into massive details and providing so many photos on how to do this. I can't wait to give it a go with my daughter as I'm sure she'll love creating these. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails